Walking, I am listening to a deeper way. Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me. Be still, they say. Watch and listen. You are the result of the love of thousands.
Wild Birds and Wild Flowers
1. Our old owl friend who spent so many evenings this winter hooting from the branches of the trees in our yard has returned. Yesterday I spotted him making a dramatic landing on the big pine just over the fence. I missed him.
2. I witnessed a ruthless magpie tear down a little nest from the edge of the guesthouse.. and found evidence of a second destroyed nest in the herb garden! Please let there not have been baby birds in those nests.
3. So far while hiking this spring I’ve seen:
Arrowleaved Balsamroot, Blue Clematis, Oregon Grapes, Glacier Lily, Kinnikinnik, Montana Larkspur and others that I’m still working on identifying.. like this one!
Treasures for Today
1. when you’re running along bear creek admiring the little green sprouts and shoots and a friendly yellow lab joins you for a minute until a man in a truck comes to take it home to its owners who are apparently being visited by a person selling vacuum cleaners
2. a call-back about a potential job doing something that matters and that lets you work part time from home! (i think)
3. watching (with slight disturbance) a robin tugging an unfortunate worm from the ground in the yard and realizing you’ve only ever seen this in cartoons
4. dinner with a dozen kind-hearted mamas that just plain understand
5. when you get to hang out all day every day with this: